So, you want to find out the MAC address of your smart TV. Whether you want to connect your TV to another device, or you just stumbled upon this MAC address thing while looking for an IP address on the internet, finding the mac address on your TV is very simple.
But before that, let us know what is mac address? What is it used for? Is mac address and IP address the same?
Continue reading, I will answer all your queries regarding mac address.
Mac address is a non-changing or static code that is used to identify your device on the internet. Each device has a unique Mac address that cannot be changed or modified in any way.
On the contrary to your IP address which is given by the network or the router, Mac addresses are physical addresses or burnt-in addresses.
To put it simply, when your device is on a network, a mac address is used to identify your device among other devices.
Generally, it is an id that consists of six groups of two hexadecimal digits. Each group is separated by hyphen or colon. Mac address is hardwired to a device during manufacturing.
Here are the steps to find out the Mac address on different Smart TVs. Even if your smart TV is not on this list, I am sure that the steps are very similar to the ones listed below.
What is the Mac address used for?
Have you ever wondered how the data you search for on the internet gets right to your screen and not to your friend’s computer? In the end, the proper transferring of these data come down to mac address and other addresses.
Mac address is used to identify an adapter on a network uniquely and accurately. It is also a crucial component necessary for the normal functioning of network protocols including TCP/IP.
Mac addresses are important for network diagnosis thanks to their static nature. This also makes it a more reliable way to identify devices on a network.
So from now on if you hear the term hardware and software working together, remember that is IP addresses and Mac addresses working together.
How to find Mac Address on Samsung TV?
To find out the Mac address on TV follow the steps
- Press the home button on your TV remote.
- Go to the main menu.
- Choose Network from the TV Menu.
- Then click on Network settings.
- Select Wireless.
- Connect to Macalester Gadgets wireless network.
- Wireless Mac will be displayed on the TV screen.
How to find Mac Address on Sony TV?
If you have an older Sony TV, then the steps might be a little different. Here I have also listed the steps for older Sony TVs and newer TVs as well.
For older Sony TVs
- Navigate to the Sony home screen.
- Then use the arrow keys on the remote to go to settings.
- Open settings.
- Then go to Network setup using the arrow keys.
- Click on Wired setup from the menu.
- Select Network Setup – Status.
- The Mac address will appear on the screen.
For newer Sony TVs.
- Go to the home screen on your Sony TV.
- By using the arrow keys, go to settings and open it.
- Scroll till you find and open Preferences.
- Click on Setup.
- Scroll down to Network Setup and press enter.
- Mac address will be displayed on your screen.
How to find Mac Address on LG TV?
Follow these simple steps to find out the Mac address of your LG TV.
- Navigate to the home screen of your LG TV.
- Then select Settings.
- After opening settings, scroll down till you find the network, then open it.
- Select Wi-Fi or Internet Connection.
- Click on Advanced settings.
- Mac address along with other properties will appear on the screen.
How to find Mac Address on Toshiba TV?
These are the simple steps you can follow to find out the Mac address of your Toshiba TV.
- Go to the home screen of your Toshiba TV.
- Scroll till you find settings then open it.
- Click on Device Software.
- Select About.
- Scroll to the network then select it.
- Mac address is listed along with other properties.
How to find Mac Address on Vizio TV?
Finding the mac address of your Vizio TV is similar to other smart TVs. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Click on Menu on your TV remote.
- Use the arrow keys to find Network, then open it.
- After the network connection is displayed, select Manual Setup.
- Mac address appears on the bottom of the IP Settings menu that is displayed on the screen.
How to find Mac Address on TCL Smart TV?
To find out the mac address of your TCL Smart TV, follow these steps.
- Press the home button on your TV remote.
- Navigate to settings.
- Select’ Network’.
- Then click on ‘About’.
- Mac address will appear on the TV screen.
How to find Mac Address on Hisense TV?
Here are the steps to follow to find the mac address of your Hisense TV.
If you are unable to find the MAC address of you Hisense TV in the box that you received it, follow these steps to find out your Hisense TV’s Mac address.
- Go to the home screen of your TV.
- Click on Settings.
- Scroll down and select Network.
- Mac address will be displayed on the bottom of the menu that appears on the screen.
As you can see, finding out the mac address on your smart TV is very simple. After following these steps you can find out the mac address more easily. In general, if you navigate to the network properties on your TV settings, you will find the mac address.