China has been experiencing a boom in the Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) market for many years now. Companies like Lenovo, and Xiaomi have all invested heavily in this emerging technology which has led to China becoming one of the leading countries in VR/AR technology. Below is an overview of some Chinese companies you may not know about that are making waves in VR/AR:
The company produces a range of devices including laptops, tablets, and smartphones but they also make high-quality VR headsets for both consumers and enterprise customers.
ThinkReality A6: The ThinkReality A6 is light, stylish, and optimized for easy management. It offers a full-featured sensor array and expandable memory and the removable battery minimizes downtime – just swap in a fully charged replacement.
What is the List of AR and VR products offered by Lenovo?
The list of AR/VR products offered by Lenovo are listed below:
- Lenovo Mirage Solo
- Lenovo Phab Pro AR Smartphone [Discontinued]
- Star Wars™: Jedi Challenges
- Mirage Camera [Discontinued]
- HTC Vive Focus Standalone VR System
HTC – One of the biggest names in technology, HTC has been around since 2010 and is best known for making smartphones. They also offer head-mounted displays that use both Oculus Rift software and Vive hardware which means they will be compatible with various PC games when released later this year.
- Founded in: 2014
- Products: AR glasses, VR headsets
- Website: Shadow Creator
Shadow Creator is a booming VR company based in Shanghai, China and it was started in 2014. It employs some of the best brains of the world expert in intelligent hardware, embedded software, optics, and VR technology.
- Shadow VR: Shadow VR is a standalone device launched in 2018 at a compelling price of $399. It bears an LCD which has a resolution of 2560px and a 110 degrees field of view. Shadow VR is based on the HTC Vive wave platform and boasts inside-out tracking for a better immersion experience. It also offers 6 degrees of freedom like Oculus Quest.
- Shadow Action One: Action One is a mixed reality standalone glasses that have been able to turn a huge number of heads since its glimpse in CES 2018. It is a complete yet futuristic device at $1000 and comes with a flagship Snapdragon 835 SoC, along with 64 GB of disk storage. It is capable of running different computer OS and provides a 45-degree field of view for apps and games. Basically, it is a wide-screen computer presented in augmented reality.
- Founded in:2010
- Products: VR headset
- Website: Xiaomi
MI VR (Xiaomi): Xiaomi, the Chinese tech giant collaborated with Oculus and Snapdragon to build MI VR solely for the Chinese market. Specification-wise, it is identical to Oculus GO but the content differs due to different target markets. This is the first standalone VR headset manufactured by Xiaomi.